Good Workplace Policies Increase Respect
Great People management is characterised by clear and consistent standards of appropriate and professional behaviour across the whole Company. Further, such policies can demonstrate senior leadership’s promise to good governance and lawful operations. So, a concise Information Technology (IT) Security Policy endorsed by senior leadership can be a powerful statement.
?Workplace policies are important as they:
- provide consistent guidance for employees and management
- set the tone for all Company dealings both within and external to the business
- include key laws applicable to employees, management and the Company
- describe company standards and expectations without ambiguity
- set a benchmark for both employees and management as to what is acceptable expectations within the workplace
About the Information Technology (IT) Security Policy
The Information Technology (IT) Security Policy is suitable for all sized businesses. This policy clearly describes the company’s expectations and guiding principles for appropriate access and use of the company IT assets, resources and data. It is a concise declaration providing guiding principles for staff conduct as employees and as representatives of the Company. The Information Technology (IT) Security Policy confirms the Company commitment to protecting the assets of the business and it’s clients whilst promoting adherence to it’s values. The Policy has been written in alignment with the Australian laws – particularly in relation to Privacy, Corporations and Fair Work legislation.
How to use this policy?
We suggest you use this Policy when setting appropriate standards within your company. Also, it is best to apply the Information Technology (IT) Security Policy across the company, and in conjunction with other policies including
- Behaviour in the Workplace Policy,
- Code of Conduct Policy,
- Discipline and Termination Policy
- Serious and Gross Misconduct Policy
- IT, Internet, Email and Social Media Policy
Once you have purchased and downloaded your Information Technology (IT) Security Policy,? it is best to then communicate? to all employees that this policy is now in place. And explain that they are to read, understand and apply it in all they do. So, if you need assistance to implement this policy or would like it customised please contact us at email@example.com
We Can HELP!
- Have you read our article series on the Dirty Truth of Handshake agreements?or the Right to Hire and Fire?
- Have you provided your employee with a compliant Letter of Employment?
Contact us if you would like information on how to manage employee performance, or go to:
To keep up to date with news and articles follow us at?https://www.facebook.com/businessembassyaustralia/