What is your policy?
Good Workplace Policies Increase Respect
Great People management is characterised by clear and consistent standards of appropriate and professional behaviour across the whole Company. So, a concise Gross and Serious Misconduct policy endorsed by senior leadership can be a powerful statement as to what they and the Company are committed to and represent. Further, such policies can demonstrate senior leadership’s promise to good governance and lawful operations.
The Serious and Gross Misconduct Policy provides a set of general principles to guide staff in their conduct as employees and as representatives of the Company. Therefore, apply the Serious and Gross Policy across the company, and in conjunction with other policies including
- Theft, Misappropriation and Fraud Policy
- Behaviour in the Workplace Policy
- Equal Opportunity and Anti: Discrimination, Harassment, Bullying Policy
- Performance Management Policy
- Performance Improvement Policy
- Complaints and Grievances Policy
- Discipline and Termination Policy
The Serious and Gross Misconduct Policy lists examples of workplace behaviours that are not acceptable. Noting that unlawful and unacceptable behaviours undermine employee performance, the Serious and Gross Misconduct Policy is in alignment with the Australian laws – particularly in relation to Human rights and Fair Work legislation. So, use this Serious and Gross Misconduct Policy when setting appropriate standards within your company.
Once you have purchased and downloaded one or more policies, let all employees know the policies are now in place. Advise your employees to read, understand and how to apply the policies in all they do.
Policies Set the Tone for Your Operations and Management
Policies can demonstrate your senior leadership’s promise to good governance and lawful operations. The benefits of policies are to:
- provide consistent guidance for employees and management
- set the tone for all Company dealings both within and external to the business
- include key laws applicable to employees, management and the Company
- describe company standards and expectations without ambiguity
- set a benchmark for both employees and management as to what is acceptable expectations within the workplace
We also assist Companies with guidance, advice. Use our Online or Premium support service to contact our HR experts for assistance. If you would like information on how to support employee wellbeing or go to:
- HR Help Support Service
- HR Help Support – Premium Service
We can support you when dealing with an issue of employee wellbeing, health or safety issues. We are Your Go To Experts
Please download this document within 3 days of purchase. You can only download this file once. If you have any issues with the download, please contact us with your purchase date and receipt number. Our terms and conditions https://mygotohub.com/website-terms-conditions/